- To promote MRI education and knowledge by encouraging and facilitating Continued Professional Development for MRI radiographers and other professionals and students associated with MRI.
- To support, encourage and facilitate the exchange of MRI information between professional bodies and individuals by encouraging and developing MRI educational courses and conferences, support best practice guidelines and advise on MRI issues.
- Three meetings per year of the Policy Board.
- Production of a bi-annual MRI Newsletter.
- Facilitate a website for members to access up to date MRI information.
- Annual Conference and AGM at venues across the UK and Ireland.
- Provide high-quality MRI Courses for healthcare professionals interested in the field of MRI safety, physics, artifacts, scanning techniques and pathologies.
- Provide members with access to experts and information forums, thereby encouraging sharing of ideas and knowledge within the membership.
- Encourage members to develop their skills and confidence to present their specialist knowledge to their peers through conferences, presentations and publications.